Welcome to our website !

curves for days

all good journeys have curves for days.

Obsessed with Farberware

By 7:57 AM , , ,

Quick disclaimer: I was NOT paid or given a free sample or asked to review this product. I like to pay it forward and hope things come back to me. I'm reviewing this because I bought it on my own and am obsessed. The company has no idea I am writing this.



I present to you the colorfully sharp love of my life. New bae, as the kids say. Move on over Oscar - you have some competition!

This is the 15-piece Farberware Soft Grip Knife set. When Oscar and I were roaming Walmart for the last time in Albany (#RIP; there aren't any in the city), I confessed that I wanted to divorce my current knife set. "It doesn't cut watermelons anymore," I said of the chef's knife. To me, that's a sign that you need to recycle or re sharpen. I couldn't do the latter so I wanted to do the former

We talked and agreed that, since I use a lot of frozen fruits in my Shakeology, I should really look into a new set. Mine was a few years old anyhow and Oscar wouldn't mind taking it. I also wanted to experiment more with knives, as I cook a LOT to meal prep for my workouts.

Cue finding these beautiful knives. I loved that a) they were colorful, b) soft grip because I have very sensitive hands, c) had knives my precious set didn't carry, and d) had a sharpening tool! I also loved that the knife base isn't wooden like my old one and that there's a tiny hole at the bottom for any excess water to leak out. I feel like wooden anything is crawling with bacteria. #sorrynotsorry

(Cutting board not included but also courtesy of Walmart.)



There are fifteen knives in all:
     • Chef's knife
     • Slicing knife
     • Boning knife
     • Santoku knife (SO EXCITED)
     • Utility knife 
     • Paring knife
     • (6) Steak knives
     • Universal shears
     • Sharpening steel

I've been using some of the knives on and off the last few days, but today was my first time using the chef's knife. I like to use a chef's knife for frozen fruit like bananas because it slices through the skin with more force and precision. In my opinion, anyway. 

It was beautiful. I cut through that nanner like it was jello! My old knife I had to really work and use my muscles to cut through the peel - this one was so smooth, I was like "OMG I need to write a small review." And then I decided to make a video, which blogger will not let me upload.

The knife set was also incredibly cheap - $39.99 maybe? Not to give the company ideas, but this set is easily worth twice that. I love how clean and smooth the blades are, how quickly food and dirt come off of them when you clean, and also how quickly they dry! I'm incredibly impatient and hate drying dishes (there's a really tragic story involving my first hamster that proves this, actually) so these bad boys do the work for me.

I'm super excited to continue to use them. Not just for shakes but for meal prep as well. They cut through ANYthing with ease - the frozen banana is just what sold me. I highly recommend checking this set out and if not, the company! I've never heard bad things about Farberware but never wanted to invest. Change in the kitchen gives me the willies, man.

BUT! Now I am the proud owner of a new Farberware knife set :) Can't wait to make more recipes with it!

P.S. If a Farberware rep happens to read this... you know... help a girl out ;D?





You Might Also Like

0 comments