Welcome to our website !

curves for days

all good journeys have curves for days.

Easy Bean Salad

By 3:35 PM , , ,


Today has been quite the lazy Fourth of July. I decided that the best way to holiday-it-up would be to meal prep and watch Cupcake Wars. Super fun, right?! #DedicatedToMyCraft #IWatchWhatICant'tEat

After having my Shakeology, I worked out earlier today with my friend Gabbie. We have been friends for... oh, thirteen years now? You know what those strange Facebook photos say - if a friendship lasts for seven years or more, it's a lifetime! It certainly has felt like a lifetime with this girl. Despite being across the country, we find ways to have community, Bible study, and workout dates together. (You'll hear more about her tomorrow, as she is getting a special birthday post!) So since my day started off with activity with a great friend and the healthiest meal of the day,  I decided to keep up the momentum.

Meal prepping is truly one of the easiest ways to save time and unhealthy calories. It's something I used to struggle with but ever since I got intentional with my time and nutrition, it's become so easy and a true lifesaver for food! One of my favourite and RIDICULOUSLY easy recipes (if you can call it that) is a two-bean salad.

I think most people do three beans. I had planned to sautée string beans and add them in, but they didn't fit my tupperware... and truthfully, cold string beans just sound unappealing to me.   So what I do is use two, but you can add as many as you like. I get enough chickpeas with hummus so I don't like to add those, and black beans are a once-in-a-long-while thing for me, but they are also an option. 

Ready for this five minute salad?! 

You need:

- (2) Cans of Cannellini beans
- (2) Cans of dark red Kidney beans
- Salt
- Pepper
- Garlic
- Italian seasoning

You'll want to drain the beans and rinse them completely. My little trick of knowing if they're rinsed enough is if the water stops reacting with the liquid - i.e. no more bubbles pop up.

I put mine into a large mixing bowl to even out the seasoning and mix up the beans. Now I'm super Italian so I tend to be heavy handed with the garlic (if you couldn't tell), so my beans have a predominantly salty-garlic flavor. You should season to your taste. 

BAM! Done! Five minutes and you're ready to portion them out into your meals :) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments