Welcome to our website !

curves for days

all good journeys have curves for days.

Review: 10 Minute Inner Thigh Workout

By 6:15 PM , ,


I think many people have "trouble areas." Whether it's their arms, thighs, tummy or chest, we all tend to have an area (or two) that we believe needs a little more TLC. My trouble area the last two years has been my inner thighs.

I don't really know when it started or how it happened. I used to have what I call horse legs - super toned, defined, visibly muscular. And somewhere along the line of body casualties, my inner thighs seemed to get the brunt of all the post-workout-depression. And while I don't really support target training - I firmly believe you need a good mix of working out all of your body for your best health and the best results - I don't mind trying to find ways to work on the areas that jiggle a bit too much.

So! I was really excited when I came across this ten minute inner thigh workout on popsugar.com. I'm not super familiar with the website. I was mainly on it drooling over avocado desserts that I can't have (I hate you, abs) when I stumbled across the fitness portion. It was pretty convenient too, as it was uploaded only the day before. PopSugar seems to be a blog-gone-super star website that "provides women with highly engaging content" (their words) through fitness, parenthood, word news, product, and other articles, videos, and features. It seems like a pretty nifty site. I might check it out again in the future.

Anna Renderer is the fitness coach and she's honestly precious. I had a lot of fun watching the video. (I always watch first to figure out if I'll have to modify anything and test out the moves prior to actual attempts. I feel less like a boob.)

Here's the link:


The work out is, as it suggests, ten minutes long. Renderer walks you through eight or so work outs intended to target, tighten, and burn those inner thighs.

I'm giving it a 5/10. I found that some of the more plyometric moves strained my left knee a bit. I have a bad knee from a lot of shenanigans earlier in life, and it didn't feel too great. I had to modify and move slower, and I have to say it did affect the burn I felt. I still noticed I was working and paid attention to my form, but as the moves are timed, I felt cheated a little, LOL. There were a few moves that helped to stretch my hip flexers, but overall there wasn't more than a quick butterfly stretch at the end to stretch out your muscles after using them. I sincerely recommend doing a quick warm up before this workout to open up your hips.

I definitely loved the end of the work out. The frog pushes and inner thigh palm presses got me! But throughout the entire thing, I felt way more work happening in my abdominal. Mind you, there's never a bad workout when multiple areas are being worked! I love that, it's like the hidden toy at the bottom of some cereal brand that went out of business in 2005. But it definitely felt more abs and less inner thigh. I'm wondering if I'll feel anything tomorrow, so if I do, I'll update it at the end of this post tomorrow!

All in all, it wasn't a bad first workout from the site, but it looks harder than it feels. I expected more of a burn than I got. Perhaps somebody with more flexible knee joints will have better success! I could have done without ever trying this. I'm looking for something more intense.

You Might Also Like

0 comments